Who is Jerry Paper: The Infinity Between One and Zero?
Jerry Paper is the sonic caricature of Los Angeles-based musician Lucas Nathan. Brought into the world after Nathan’s previous, more abstract projects dissolved into the ether, Jerry Paper represents a cartoonish vision of Self materialized through Jerry’s bizarre vision of pop music.
And check out his latest LP album “Toon Time Raw!”. All day saturday, the whole album is gold.
- In The Puzzle Room (00:00)
- Ginger & Ruth (00:40)
- Zoom Out (03:01)
- Kill The Dream (05:44)
- Stargazers (10:01)
- Benny Knows (13:19)
- Gracie II (15:34)
- Comma For Cow (19:54)
- Elastic Last Act (23:27)
- Hijinks Ensue (27:14)
- Shouldn’t You Be Laughing (31:20)
- Jumbo Ron (33:03)
- Plans (36:18)
- Nirvana Manana (38:56)
“They sat on a park bench, held hands, and told each other their stories hour after hour. They were not lonely anymore. They had found and been found by their 100% perfect other. What a wonderful thing it is to find and be found by your 100% perfect other. It’s a miracle, a cosmic miracle.”
cosmic miracle – 1Q84.
this “One Lonely Boy and One Lonely Girl” playlist I created for the latest Haruki Murakami’s book I read; 1Q84. Reading a Murakami book is like diving into the ocean only to discover that you have always been a fish. Things suddenly start making sense.
download link: null
*the download link will be deleted tomorrow (monday) night
a 3,350-song playlist of music from Haruki Murakami’s personal record collection for this easy breezy long weekend. happy holiday y’all! 😉
Just Another Diamond Day is the debut album by the English folk singer-songwriter, Vashti Bunyan, and was released on Philips Records in December 1970. Vashti Bunyan is a folk chanteuse and singer – songwriter, she first took up the guitar while a student at the Ruskin School of Fine Art and Drawing, from which she was ultimately expelled at age 18 for spending too much time writing songs and not enough time painting. A bit of a free spirit even then, she took a trip to New York and, while there, fell under the spell of Bob Dylan’s music, especially his album The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan.
She is one of many among unrecognized genius. Not many people know Karen Dalton, I found her tonight. She was a Cherokee folk blues singer, guitarist, and banjo player. Dalton played music with Bob Dylan, Fred Neil, Richard Tucker, and most people in the folk scene in Greenwich Village in New York. Bob Dylan once said that Karen Dalton had a voice like Billie Holiday and played the guitar like Jimmy Reed.
Bob Dylan, Karen Dalton, and Fred Neil in 1961
Another Yasujiro Ozu’s movie ‘An Autumn Afternoon’, someone uploaded the soundtrack on youtube, the only Ozu’s movie soundtrack that I found. I haven’t watched the movie yet, but its soundtrack is lovely to listen to. I hope you will enjoy the songs as much as I do 🙂
what a beautiful playlist to listen to relax your mind and soul
1. 00:00:00 Roy Fox & His Orchestra It’s Got To Be Love
2. 00:03:04 Frank Sinatra Embraceable You
3. 00:06:26 Fred Astaire Cheek To Cheek
4. 00:09:47 Hildegarde Life Begins When You’re In Love
5. 00:12:58 Al Bowlly Love Is The Sweetest Thing
6. 00:16:21 Dick Powell I’ve Got My Love To Keep Me Warm
7. 00:19:17 Connie Boswell With All My Heart
8. 00:22:22 Ambrose There Isn’t Any Limit To My Love
9. 00:25:23 Noel Coward Dearest Love (with piano)
10. 00:28:28 Dorothy Lamour That Sentimental Sandwich
11. 00:31:35 Ted Weems Until Today
12. 00:34:51 Jack Hylton Goodnight My Love
13. 00:38:12 Jessie Matthews Trusting My Luck
14. 00:40:52 Tony Martin When Did You Leave Heaven?
15. 00:43:48 Bing Crosby You Made Me Love You
16. 00:46:53 Carroll Gibbons It Had To Be You
17. 00:49:36 Hutch You Are My Love Song
18. 00:52:45 Roy Fox Sweet Someone
19. 00:55:58 Dinah Shore The Nearness of You
20. 00:58:40 Geraldo PS I Love You
21. 01:02:09 Frances Langford The Man I Love
22. 01:05:09 Dick Haymes Long Ago And Far Away
and this is Fred Astaire performing “cheek to cheek” in the movie Top Hat (1935)